Pre-Order Information[edit | edit source]
What platforms will Outward be available on upon release?
- PC, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One
Is Outward available for pre-order?
- Yes, physical copy pre-orders are now available on Amazon and GameStop
- Digital copy pre-orders through Steam, Playstation Store and Xbox Live are currently pending.
Will there be a pre-order bonus?
- Yes, a cosmetic pearlbird
Will there be a beta testing phase?
What’s the retail price for Outward?
Where could I reach out to Nine Dots Studio to inquire more about Outward?
- You can submit your questions to our Discord #ask_the_devs or Steam community page. A developer or a moderator will answer your questions.
Where can I find out more information about Outward?
- Please visit the Steam page to find out more information about Outward and its release date, developer, publisher, popular tags, supported game modes, supported languages, game description, system requirements, and more!
General Game FAQ[edit | edit source]
How many hours should I expect to spend on Outward?
- To fully appreciate and enjoy the RPG setting of Outward, it would take a regular person about 40-80 hours to complete at a comfortable pace.
Can I beat Outward in a single playthrough?
- No, you would have to create multiple characters to complete the story mode. Once you join a faction, you cannot join another faction with the same character. You must create a new character to join a different faction.
Does Outward have replayability value?
- Yes, Outward was designed to have replayability value.
Is there a limit to how many characters I can create?
- No, the only limit will depend on your available space in your system
Does Outward have mod support?
- No, unfortunately. The developers have stated that they were okay with users modding the game but there will not be an official mod support.
Is there cross-platform?
- No, unfortunately
Is Outward first-person or third-person?
- Third-person only
Coop FAQ[edit | edit source]
How many players can play together?
- There is a maximum of two players, and we don't intend to increase that number for design reasons
Do I need an internet connection to play offline?
- No, only when you want to play online co-op.
Is there drop-in and drop-out co-op?
When playing in coop, are both players forced to stay close?
- You can get as far from each other as you want as long as you stay within the same area.
Is there multi-monitor support?
Is there multiplayer matchmaking?
- There is no matchmaking
Do the enemies become more difficult with two players?
- Yes and sometimes additional enemies are added as well.
Will my friend and I sleep in the same tent or separate tents?
- Separate tents
If I’m defeated, what happens to my friend?
- You will be in a downed state and your friend is able to help you recover, however, if your friend is also defeated you both will enter the same defeat scenario.
Will I be able to see my position or my friend on the map?
- No, but you can see them on the compass.
Can I share the contents of my backpack with my friend?
In-Game FAQ[edit | edit source]
General Gameplay[edit | edit source]
What is the world called?
- The world is called Aurai.
Is there a tutorial?
- Yes, but don’t expect Outward to hold your hand.
Does Outward have a story?
- Yes, one quest line per faction.
Am I forced to do the main quest?
- No, but you will be missing out on a lot of content.
What is the in-game currency?
Can we jump or swim?
Is there an equipment screen?
- Yes, it shows core statistics.
Is there friendship and romance?
- There is friendship but no romance
Factions and NPCs[edit | edit source]
How many playable factions are there?
- There are 3 factions:
Are there wandering factions?
Can I kill all NPCs?
Character Creation[edit | edit source]
Is there character creation?
- Yes, you will be able to change your face, gender, hair style, hair color, and race, but please do not expect in-depth character creation.
Are there other races other than human?
- Yes, but none that are playable.
Can I choose my class in the character creation?
- No, instead you have a total of eight available skill trees to choose from, three of which can be maxed out as you progress through your saved file.
Class Information[edit | edit source]
Can I play as a:
- Mage — Yes, but you will have to unlock your mana before you could do any ritualistic spell casting.
- Necromancer — No, but there is a late-game ghost summoning skill.
- Ranger — Yes
Will my character be viable without magic?
Can I increase my max mana?
Do spells have use outside of combat?
- Yes, but their main uses are usually related to combat.
Can I enchant my arrows?
Combat Information[edit | edit source]
If I’m defeated, can I find my dead body?
- No, the way defeat scenarios are handled does not imply that the character died.
Can I enchant weapons?
- Yes, but not permanently.
Are ranged attacks free aim or targeted?
Are there mounts or pets?
- No, except for a cosmetic pet pearlbird as a pre-order bonus.
Will there be plenty of backpacks, equipment, lanterns, tents, and weapons to choose from?
Gathering and Crafting[edit | edit source]
Will I be able to cook, fish, harvest, hunt, mine?
- Yes, however there is no farming/gardening
Can I craft armors and weapons?
Can I dye my equipment?
Will I be able to wear NPC-specific armor?
- No, but probably something similar.
Campsites[edit | edit source]
Do I start off with a tent by default?
- You start with a bedroll in your house.
How does the resting system work?
- When utilizing your tent, how many hours you sleep determines how much you restore your fatigue, maximum health and maximum stamina but lowers your maximum mana. You also choose how many hours to guard to reduce your chances of being ambushed, or time spent repairing your equipped items’ durability. (see more: Resting)
Will enemies damage my campsite?
- Enemies do not interact with your camping equipment.