Outward has 3 types of Skills:
Upon meeting different NPCs, characters are able to learn new skills.
- Teachers (denoted by the Academic cap on a cities' map) offer a number of both active and passive skills, and are where Breakthrough points are spent.
- Trainers offer one skill, usually for 50 .
Players can also receive skills as a reward for completing Quests.
Teachers[edit | edit source]
|Kazite Spellblade||Mercenary||Philosopher||Rogue||Rune Sage||Shaman||Warrior Monk||Wild Hunter|
Skill Trees[edit | edit source]
When training at a Teacher, you are presented with a menu similar to Warrior Monk example shown.
Tier 1 skills:
Tier 2 (Breakthrough) skills:
- Known as Breakthrough skills.
- A Breakthrough Point is spent when learning these, and you only have a total of 3 points.
- Required to access Tier 3 skills on that tree.
Tier 3 skills:
- Can only be bought from a tree once you've unlocked that tree's Breakthrough skill.
- You can only learn one paired* skill, the other skill will be locked out
* skills which are on the same row, ie. the top two rows in the Warrior Monk example
Trainers[edit | edit source]
Trainers can be found all over Aurai, usually in towns. They offer skills for 50 , or as a reward for successfully negotiating quests or dialogue.
- Elatt: Infuse Light (joining Holy Mission)
- Highlord Cyr: Blood of Giants (successful negotations during Ash Giants)