Skills refer to active and passive abilities which the player can acquire in Outward. Most skills aid the player in combat, while others can have utility or other benefits.
List of Skills
See the following pages for lists of all Skills:
Characters are able to learn new skills in a variety of ways:
- Teachers (usually denoted by the icon on a city's map) offer a number of both active and passive skills, and are where breakthrough points are spent.
- Trainers usually offer one skill for 50 .
- Players can also receive skills as a reward for completing Quests, or successfully negotiating dialogue encounters in the world
The following teachers require purchasing DLC for Outward.
When training at a Teacher, you are presented with a menu similar to Warrior Monk example shown.
Tier 1 skills:
Tier 2 (Breakthrough) skills:
- Known as Breakthrough skills.
- A Breakthrough Point is spent when learning these, and you only have a total of 3 points.
- Required to access Tier 3 skills on that tree.
Tier 3 skills:
- Can only be bought from a tree once you've unlocked that tree's Breakthrough skill.
- You can only learn one paired skill, the other skill will be locked out. Paired skills are skills which are touching side by side, like the top two rows in the Warrior Monk example
On this Wiki, Trainer skills are usually listed as Tier 1 skills.
List of Trainers
For Quest-related skills, see these articles: