Outward is a game developed by Nine Dots Studio. It was released on March 26, 2019.
Outward is a fantasy-survival-RPG. The identifying features of this game are; it's survival element (including many of it's unique gameplay mechanics), it's Dark Souls-esque combat and its focus on real consequences as a result of every decision made.
Outward doesn't have a typical saving system. Instead of manual save slots, Outward automatically saves your progress continuously and forces you to deal with the consequences of your actions. If you die in Outward then 1 of 90 different scenarios will be put into effect. These scenarios range from a stranger helping you back to your home, to bandits enslaving you in their mines. This is why planning your attacks is very important in Outward.
About[edit | edit source]
Outward is an open world RPG that you play alone or with a friend, either online or in splitscreen. It's more than just an open world RPG you can play coop though: it is an adventurer life simulator. You live the life of an adventurer, from your humble beginnings up until your retirement. Your life isn't only about killing monsters and looting: you need to eat, drink and sleep; preparing accordingly before jumping into danger. Everything is meant to feel more real and consequential, while still taking place in a high fantasy universe with magic and exotic creatures.
Features[edit | edit source]
- Solo or Cooperative survival and adventure: You can explore the world alone, or, if you are tired playing the lone wolf, you can play with a friend, either Online or Splitscreen. Hunt while your friend is setting up camp or explore while the other stands guard over your gear. You are free to split up and roam miles apart from each other.
- Fixed difficulty and free-form adventuring: The game allows you to go anywhere you want right from the start. Just be clever enough to survive!
- An open world filled with handcrafted regions: You will have good reasons to explore the whole world rather than just running around the map from location to location.
- A complete adventuring experience: This game won't do everything for you. Perform multi-step rituals to cast spells, strike flint to start fires, and locate yourself on the map using visual landmarks.
- Fully envisioned survival mechanics: Boiling your water for safe drinking, hunting for your next meal, and bundling up clothes to survive the harsh winters are just a few examples of what you'll learn as an adventurer.
- Permanent consequences to every one of your actions: You can't simply save/reload before a tough choice or fight. The game is constantly saving and overwriting.
- Legacy system to pass down items and skills: Death and retirement doesn't mean the end of your adventures. Pass down your gear and teach your skills to the next generation.
- Dynamic quests that continue with or without you: No one is standing around waiting for you to come along and save them. If you aren't there or choose to ignore those in need, life goes on without you.
- Dynamic player defeat: Losing a fight against a group of bandits won't simply have you looking at a "game over" screen. Instead, you might wake up to find yourself being held for ransom, or being dragged into the woods and left for dead after they've looted your belongings. Failure is part of life. In Outward, defeat is simply a part of your character's journey.
Game support[edit | edit source]
Screenshots[edit | edit source]
- SS 8.jp